Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Strange Angel

I close my eyes and I fill my head with thoughts I’d hope would flee;
I recant a wasted life, wallow within my strife and pray for softer things to see

I’d barter all shallow fellowship, just to know I had one steadfast friend;
Give up all my erudition to walk with you forever and find peace before my end

Blessings lay on my heart, from the one who loves me the most;
Trying to find the sum of my deserving… lost in love with no fear of ghosts

Every breath from a dream to find This Strange Angel warm and beside me;
A delicate caress with her thumb to my held hand, I feel the answer, to my divine plea

Do not yield to disbelieving in Angels, once you’ve forgiven all that you are;
It just doesn’t seem possible to see the Lord’s worth or for an Angel to have come so far

To stay with you one day longer, always now my eternal reprieve;
Fidelity to Love and my Strange Angel… close to you… I cleave

Solely is my lesson, if in my time, all I learn is this;
Only a little while should we wander, live out loud with guard to your purpose, or it’s your Strange Angel you’ll miss…

No comments:

Post a Comment