Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trust.
Without question one of the hardest things to do in this world, is trust another human being… I don't trust people to handle my luggage, how could I ever trust someone with my heart ? ? ?
Let me get this out of the way, we are all jaded, we've all been broken, we've all swam in hurt, bathed in pain and at some point in time we knew that the feeling of deep dark sadness in our heart would never ever ever go away…Nevertheless, the sun came up, enough time passed, that deep cut stopped bleeding, now ...its only a scar…. My point here is this and only this, I try to fill my heart with gratitude daily. Give yourself time, love yourself a lot. Focus on the love you are capable of, not the pain your in.
I've put so much time and energy in my burdens over the course of my tenure that its nearly drove me insane…(so do you, so stop it) I dare not quote some clichĂ© about it only taking so many muscles to frown and far fewer to smile, nor dare I say "think good and good is what you get"… I will say this. I rise everyday full of thanks and gratitude for my blessings. If you've loved or been loved once, that’s more than it happens for most people…
Hurt, beautiful, exquisite, perfect hurt…. I've had pain in my life that wouldn't allow me to love like I'm capable of if that pain had never occurred. Did that pain wake me up ? Would I have truly ever been able to embrace the sweet, if I'd not tasted that sour ??? Loss doesn't have to last. Nor does pain, nor tears, nor hurt, nor despair, nor a heavy heart. I'd say the true pain comes from not learning something, not allowing yourself to grow, not applying the lesson into your life. That is damage, that’s pain. If we kid ourselves about our own destructive thoughts and behaviors we will never learn a thing...
A callous heart requires no energy, no effort, no thought, BUT… the great thing about a callous heart is that someone can and will still love that callous heart… A callous heart still beats, still wants, still needs.
You can't heal me, I can't heal you, you can't save me, I can't save you, with that being said. It all still starts with kindness. If we can turn kindness into constant, I think we'll find those callous hearts soften enough to let those few choice people into your life. Guard your heart, with all you've got… I'm not saying don't be careful.. I'm saying when the time is right. Jump. When you know, you know.
In my life, if I'm being honest, my love needs not to have to hurdle over, logic, time, reason or tier 2 financing… the heart wants what the heart wants.
I try to follow the feeling, live a viciously loyal life and trust that my heart knows far better than anything else.
Trust is a necessary risk of love. Trust takes effort, just like loving. I'm still terrified to trust. I want to love and be loved far far far more than I want to live terrified.
Is it time that heals the pain of broken trust or is it love ? ? ? Both, would most likely be the common response… I'd agree but I'd add this notion. Time on this world is finite. Love isn't… your love will transcend beyond time, beyond this world. You may very well run out of time...
Get off your ass, get out there, tear down some walls, let someone in, take a chance, trust somebody, go make a hundred good looking babies….
Tune of the day
"Question"
By The Old 97's

1 comment:

  1. A life of love vs. a living terrified all hinging on trust, or the willingness to attempt to trust again... What a challenging realization.

    It's so easy to fool oneself into thinking that preparing to live a life of independence until time heals wounds and allows you to trust again (or in case it never does) is courageous, brave. But what you said is true - time won't heal, only a love that will prove your fears and insecurities wrong will. So it's really cowardly to live behind the justifications that you are just protecting yourself and avoiding the inevitable hurt that comes with such risky behavior as looking for love.

    Bummer... So I'm a chicken. Where do I find the guts?

    ReplyDelete